March 2020 All Guilds Meeting Summary
Here is the summary for today’s Meeting, along with the raw and cleansed chatlogs!
International Women’s Day
Nosila was first, to announce the music events for the International Women’s Day – just on the day most of the U.S. switches to daylight time, unfortunately!
- 14:00 KIT, Ae’gura Plaza – Root Beer, from Radio Free D’ni, will play tracks played, sung or composed by female musicians (stream1, stream2);
- 15:30 KIT, Ae’gura Plaza – Ghaelen will give a brief talk about two influential women in history;
- 15:35 KIT, Kings’ Lookout – Nosila will play a mix of music by female artists (stream1, stream2).
CT Hostess Susa’n was on stage to announce the third Cavern Tour of 2020, on Saturday 14 at 11:00 KIT, starting from the Cavern Tour’s Hood.
The host, Larry LeDeay, will use his Twitch channel for the presentation, so you will need to keep a browser or the app open in the background. The upcoming tour will also feature special effects from Mir-o-Bot you may not have seen or heard before.
The tours occasionally visit hard to reach places. Mir-o-Bot (KI# 32319) is employed for special effects and long-distance travel (and to avoid stairs). If you arrive late, you can PM Susa’n (KI# 9122427) to join the in-progress tour – but do try to arrive in time!
St. Patrick’s Day
Minasunda was back to announce the parades for St. Patrick’s Day on Tuesday 17:
- 12:00 KIT – Ghaelen will set the mood with her Relaxing & Balancing Hour;
- 13:00 KIT – first parade, led by Eternal Seeker;
- 17:00 KIT – second parade, no leader has been picked yet; volunteers are welcome.
In between, it will be Irish music dance party time! Last year the public instance of Ae’gura was pushed to the limit of its capacity, some players could not take part in the parade. For this reason, this year the venue will be Mir-o-Bot’s Ae’gura (KI# 32319).
Minasunda regularly posts reminders about Uru events on her Facebook group.
Inauguration of Veelay Tsahvahn
Doobes took the stage to announce the release of version 27 of the Gehn Shard, which came with a year and a half worth of fixes and additions, including an upgraded voice chat that sounds much clearer. A remarkable amount of work behind the scenes goes into these fixes.
Most notably, this release unveiled Doobes’ own Chiso Preniv, the Library Age, available from the Nexus, and a revamped New Guild of Messengers’ Pub; both are the first to be natively exported using the Korman plugin for Blender. The Pub no longer replaces Cyan’s version, but is now reached from Chiso Preniv, which also has books for Tre’bivdil, Vothol Gallery, Fehnir’s House, and any future release from fans.
But yet another Age was unveiled right after the meeting: Veelay Tsahvahn, the Memorial Age, designed as an extension of the Memorial in the Kahlo Pub, by providing more background to the names displayed there. Veelay also features a poignant theme written by Mystler.
For more on Doobes’ Ages, visit his site and Facebook page.
In what has become a grim tradition, Korov’ev had to report the passing of yet another explorer: Gary Andrew “Andy” Legate, prolific and respected Age builder, author or contributor of Camp Bravo, Zephyr Cove, Andy’s Nexus, Ahra Pahts shell 315, Serene, Eder Bahvahnin, Neolbah, Eder Tomahn, Eocene. He also wrote many tutorials for 3ds Max and Blender, which taught the basics of modelling to many Age builders.
Fan Age Touring Club
Korov’ev then announced the Fan Age Tours he is hosting on the Deep Island shard, every Sunday at 11:00 KIT (except in March, when they will be at 12:00 KIT), to explore fan-made Ages, share impressions, try to find secrets, and get started with the puzzles if any.
The Ages will be explored in roughly chronological order of release, but occasionally will be based on a theme or an author. After the expeditions, the participants will be able to share their observations in dedicated threads in the Guild of Writers’ forums.
To remember Andy Legate the next tour, Sunday 8 at 12:00 KIT, will visit some of his works: Camp Bravo (day and night), Eder Bahvahnin, Eder Tomahn, Serene.
One of the main objectives of the Touring Club, besides getting more explorers to know and appreciate the many Ages created in the last 15 years, is also to give some feedback to the authors, who are very welcome to attend the tours and talk about their works. Ultimately the hope is also that, by seeing these Ages, more people will be inspired to create their own.
Setting up a Deep Island client can be a bit tricky in some situations; a quick guide is available in our Troubleshooting section.
Originally, the destination for the Sunday 8 Fan Age Tour was the fourth episode in the Secret of the Rainbow series by Jhon J. Jaguar, Somahoglahn, which was released on March 1. The Age will be visited on the next tour, on Sunday 15.
The MOULa Launcher got a small update, finally fixing the login screen, with a funding indicator: not the CavCon, but a simple percentage of costs covered.
Early in February, Chogon released some worrying statistics about the Cavcon: donations had not been covering the server costs at least since June 2019. However, by the end of February, donations were again above costs!
Marker games are still disabled, until an issue that is causing the server to crash is fixed. All we can do is be patient until a solution is found.
The Facebook account API, that was used to verify a cell/mobile phone with a text message, was replaced with Amazon’s AWS equivalent.
Meanwhile, a new Cyan Venture has been announced: Area Man Lives, from Numinous Games. An Alternate Reality Game connected to it is ongoing, started with the address to KQV Radio that appears in the teaser. The mystery is being investigated on the
#areamanlives channel of the Cyan Chat Discord server.
Registration and hotel reservations for Mysterium 2020 are now open. The hotel will be the Westin Alexandria Old Town in Alexandria, VA, with a rate of $100/night for both single and double rooms.
From now until May 31, weekend registrations cost $25, while premium registrations (weekend + shirt) cost $40. Starting June 1, the price will increase and the T-shirts will not be available for pre-order.
This year the T-shirts feature designs from Katherine “Squee” White and Claire “Shoom’lah” Hummel.
Submissions for events, enamel pins, activity book pages, as well as writing and artwork, are still open but will end soon. This year, submission are handled with a new rights policy.
D’ni Language Classes
Shokhootahn Rehn gave two announcements, one for the D’ni Language Classes and one for the Story Nights.
Details about the D’ni Language Classes (click to expand)
- Those who would like to attend the lessons should contact Rehn via PM or KImail (KI# 58324); be sure to include your KI number in the message!
- the Guild of Instructors’ Hood will be open and public unless a class is in session, currently on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights, starting at 20:00 or 21:00 KIT, depending on the student’s schedule;
- last-minute changes to class times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
r’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
Story Nights and Story Nights – Europe are now at roughly the same stage. They are continuing with the story arc of the D’ni kings, and will continue for the next weeks.
Due to traveling, there will be no Story Night – Europe on March 28. Original Story Night is unaffected.
Details about the Story Nights (click to expand)
- Story Nights are held in Tsahno’s Hood every Saturday, gathering at the fountain at around 23:00 KIT, with the story starting at about 23:30 KIT;
- for Story Nights – Europe, the gatherings are on Saturday starting at 13:30 KIT, with the story starting at about 14:00 KIT. On All Guilds Meeting days, the event will begin at 14:30 KIT or 30 minutes after the end of the meeting;
- the stories are told using voice chat, so you will need to have your speakers, headphones or KI devices on. If you would like a reminder, please send r’Tayrtahn (KI# 58324) a KImail with your KI number included in the text, so that he can add you to his buddies list;
- last-minute changes to Story Night times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
And that was it for this month. Please consider donating to keep the Cavern open!
The next All Guilds Meeting is planned for Saturday, April 4, 2020 (Leenovoo 17) at 13:00 KIT.