- Cavern Tours
- Mysterium news
- D’ni Language Classes
- R’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
- Fan Ages Touring Club
- Future opening of Chiso Preniv
CT Hostess Susa’n was on stage to announce the ninth Cavern Tour of 2020, which will be held on Saturday
8 (during Mysterium) 22 at 11:00 KIT, starting from the Cavern Tour’s Hood.
The Nexus is currently malfunctioning, and the neighborhood is not showing up; if the problem persists, you should ask Susa’n for an invite.
The host, Larry LeDeay, will use his Twitch channel for the presentation, so you will need to keep a browser or the app open in the background. Videos will be available for two weeks after the tour.
The tours occasionally visit hard to reach places. Mir-o-Bot (KI# 32319) is employed for special effects and long-distance travel (and to avoid stairs). If you arrive late, you can PM Susa’n (KI# 9122427) to join the in-progress tour – but do try to arrive in time!
Virtual Mysterium is coming on August 7, with a long list of special guests: Eric Anderson, Mike “RIUM+” Ando, Chuck Carter, “Moiety” Jean Fioca, Amy Green, Ryan Green, Eleri Hamilton, Veronica Hamilton, Dan Irish, Michel Kripalani, Tim Larkin, Geneviève Lord, Stephan Martinière, Rand & Robyn Miller, Marty O’Donnell, Mike Perrotto, Katie “Kha’tie” Postma, Phil Saunders, Philip Shane, Bill Slease, Rod Stafford, Jack Wall, Ryan “greydragon” Warzecha.
Shokhootahn Rehn gave two announcements, one for the D’ni Language Classes and one for the Story Nights.
He is still putting things away after his recent move. As a result there will not be any daytime classes until further notice. They should be able to return sometime in autumn. Night time classes, however, are unaffected. One more student is working on the final exam. Meanwhile, Tehlrov K’hris completed his final exam and passed the D’ni 101 class! Votahret ah’shem khe-bahrtahtahvteeom!
More about the D’ni Language Classes (click to expand)
- Those who would like to attend the lessons should contact Rehn via PM or KImail (KI# 58324); be sure to include your KI number in the message!
- The Guild of Instructors’ Hood will be open and public unless a class is in session, currently on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights, starting at 20:00 or 21:00 KIT, depending on the student’s schedule.
- Last-minute changes to class times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
Story Nights and Story Nights – Europe are now at the same stage. Having finished the story arc of the D’ni kings and and learned about the years between king Kerath’s death and the start of the story of the Fall, we are now starting the Fall as told in the book Myst: The Book of Ti’ana.
More about the Story Nights (click to expand)
- Story Nights are held in Tsahno’s Hood every Saturday, gathering at the fountain at around 23:00 KIT, with the story starting at about 23:30 KIT.
- For Story Nights – Europe, the gatherings are on Saturday starting at 13:30 KIT, with the story starting at about 14:00 KIT. On All Guilds Meeting days, the event will begin at 14:30 KIT or 30 minutes after the end of the AGM.
- The stories are told using voice chat, so you will need to have your speakers, headphones or KI devices on. If you would like a reminder, please send r’Tayrtahn (KI# 58324) a KImail with your KI number included in the text, so that he can add you to his buddies list.
- Last-minute changes to Story Night times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
Korov’ev then gave a quick update on the Fan Ages Expeditions he is hosting on the Deep Island shard, every Sunday at 11:00 KIT. In August, the Touring Club will visit a few more Ages from early 2009: Wianeroy, Soundgarden, and The Maze.
There will be no expeditions on Sunday 9, 16 & 23; the next one will be on Sunday 30, on Botan and Moysenland, by Ametist. Art Farmer will replace Korov’ev on Sunday 16 & 23. A gallery of fan Ages with some details is available on the Writers’ wiki.
After the expeditions, the participants will be able to share their observations in dedicated threads in the Guild of Writers’ forums (look for threads that start with “Fan Age expedition”). The expeditions are streamed (without comments), and the videos will be available for two weeks after.
One of the main objectives of the Touring Club, besides getting more explorers to know and appreciate the many Ages created in the last 15 years, is also to give some feedback to the authors, who are very welcome to attend the tours and talk about their works.
Setting up a Deep Island client can be a bit tricky in some situations; a quick guide is available in our Troubleshooting section.
Patrick Dulebohn appeared on stage to announce that, after so many years and attempts to bring more Ages to all explorers, the efforts are finally going to pay off! In the next few weeks, a small room in the Cavern housing a new Linking Book will be revealed. For security reasons, the location cannot be divulged yet, but it will soon be obvious.
Once work on the room is complete, a Linking Book to the Age of Chiso Preniv will be unveiled for public access. Chiso was discovered amongst other Books in another library on an Age called Teshafee, and has since housed the vast majority of the work Patrick and others have been doing cataloguing that library’s contents. In time, the hope is also to restore an alternate Nexus system, to accomodate these Ages for easier access and organization.
Any and all explorers who have been restoring their own Ages and Cavern locations – or even Writing their own Ages – are welcome to bring their work to display at this library for all to experience. The DRC and its members are also welcome to return, if they ever choose to do so 😉
A new era in D’ni will be underway soon!
And that was it for this month.
Please consider donating to keep the Cavern open!
The next All Guilds Meeting is planned for Saturday, September 5 (Leetahr 23, 9676 DE) at 13:00 KIT.