February 2022 All Guilds Meeting Summary
Here is the summary for the 142nd All Guilds Meeting, along with the raw and cleansed chatlogs!
- Events in the Cavern
- Cavern Tours
- Fan Ages Touring Club
- D’ni Language Classes
- R’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
Events in the Cavern
Minasunda announced the start of MOULa’s XII Anniversary Week, and thanked Mirphak and Yoda for their support in organizing the events. She asked all visitors to respect the work of the hosts and do not use any bot commands that could affect the events.
- Sunday, February 6
- Monday, February 7
- 13:30 KIT: Fashion Show in Eder Kemo, hosted by Minasunda (stream) (to get there please use “link”, not “to kemo” – you will end walled up in a Jalak column 😀 )
- Tuesday, February 8
- Wednesday, February 9
- 13:00 KIT: Girastock in Eder Gira, hosted by Fil (steam) (PM “to gira” to Mir-o-Bot to get there – please do not use any bot commands while you are there)
- Thursday, February 10
- 13:00 KIT: Desert Rose in Minkata, hosted by Eternal Seeker (stream) (PM “to Minkata” to Mir-o-Bot to get there – please do not use any bot commands while you are there)
- 15:00 KIT: Eddie Competition in PodHopper’s Hood, hosted by PodHopper (stream) (the task is to guide Eddie the beachball through a course in the Hood and beat the last record of 1′13″)
- Friday, February 11
- Saturday, February 12
- 10:00 KIT: Fil Live, hosted by Fil (stream)
- 11:00 KIT: Cavern Tour in Cavern Tour’s Hood, hosted by Larry LeDeay (stream)
- 14:00 KIT: Story Night Europe in Tsahno’s Hood, hosted by r’Tayrtahn (uses audio chat)
- 16:00 KIT: Karaoke Party in the New Messengers Pub, hosted by DonahooDJ (stream)
- 23:00 KIT: Story Night in Tsahno’s Hood, hosted by r’Tayrtahn (uses audio chat)
- Sunday, February 13
- Monday, February 14
- 13:00 KIT: Love Songs in Eder Tsogal (Guild of Greeters Hood), hosted by Eternal Seeker (stream)
More about the Fire meets Water competition (click to expand)
The task of the Fire meets Water competition is to bring 36 fire marbles sorted by color into the correspondingly marked bay. Players will need a marker game to see the field markings (to get it PM “sendme 6621621” to Mir-o-Bot).
Throwing in the marbles is the first challenge: this will be done by the 3 referees with a complicated procedure designed to keep the marbles in the pool and prevent them from scattering through the whole age. Anyone who is not in Ahnonay at this time and misses the first throw-in will not be able to see the Firemarbles.
Also, if someone leaves the Age it may cause a crash for others, especially the bot. Hence the very urgent request to players and spectators to stay in the Age until the event is over.
After the end of the competition there will be an award ceremony. This is the first time this game is played since 2018 due to the above difficulties.
There are 6 teams so far. Teams will start one after the other and consist of 2 players each. You have 5 minutes to place as many marbles as possible in the correct bay. Each correct marble earns one point, each incorrect one deducts a point. Maximum score is 36.
The color change of the water indicates the end of the match. Players leave the pool immediately by PMing “w” to MinBot (KI 9292763).
Mina posts the events every day on Facebook and on the MOULa Events Discord server
#announcements channel and the Cyan Discord server
#cavern-events channel. The posts also contain special notes for some events.
If you need help with organising an event (not only for the festivities), or just want to spread the word about it, you can join Minasunda’s Discord server, Facebook group, or you can contact her via KImail (#5667000).
The Cavern Tour will be held on Saturday 12 at 11:00 KIT, starting from the Cavern Tour’s Hood. The host, Larry LeDeay, will use his Twitch channel for the presentation, so you will need to keep a browser or the app open in the background. Videos will be available for two weeks after the tour. The stream will be simulcasted on Facebook and Youtube.
This month the Tour will continue the exploration of the Myst V Ages.
The tours occasionally visit hard to reach places. Mir-o-Bot (KI# 32319) is often employed for special effects and long-distance travel (and to avoid stairs). If you arrive late, you can PM Susa’n (KI# 9122427) to join the in-progress tour – but do try to arrive in time!
Fan Ages Touring Club
Korov’ev gave a quick update on the Fan Ages Expeditions he is hosting on the Deep Island shard, every Sunday at 11:00 KIT.
In January they visited the entries of the first Rapid Age Development contest: Abysos, a couple of Ahra Pahts shells, and Zephyr Cove; then a few assorted ages: Aerie, TINA Testing Area, Kahntinoy, Fena Barel (the last two involved in fan-run ‘episodes’ held in 2008). They finished the month in Tunnel Demo, Soundgarden and Wianeroy.
For February, the plan is to visit the entries for the Second RAD contest: a group of Ahra Pahts shells. Then, a few works by Andy Legate and by Whilyam. They will finish the month with the Third RAD and DAWN contests entries, probably in two parts.
More about the Expeditions (click to expand)
- The expeditions are streamed (without comments), and the videos will be available for two weeks after. Be careful if you PM Korov’ev, as messages will be visible in the videos 😉
- After the tour, those who still have the energy are welcome to Korov’ev’s Gahreesehn for some Wall training (feel free to send a message to #194197 for an invite).
- A gallery of fan ages with some details is available on the Writers’ wiki. Setting up a Deep Island client can be a bit tricky in some situations; a quick guide is available in our Troubleshooting section.
D’ni Language Classes
R’Tayrtahn gave two announcements, one for the D’ni Language Classes and one for the Story Nights. Shokhootahn Ana has just finished teaching her first 101 class!
More about the D’ni Language Classes (click to expand)
- Those who would like to attend the lessons should contact Rehn via PM or KImail (KI# 58324); be sure to include your KI number in the message!
- The Guild of Instructors’ Hood will be open and public unless a class is in session, currently on Monday–Friday starting at 12:00, 13:00 or 14:00 KIT, and on Wednesday–Friday starting at 20:00, 21:00 or 22:00 KIT, depending on the student’s schedule.
- Last-minute changes to class times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
R’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
Story Night Europe and Original Story Night are in synch, and are starting the stories of the kings of D’ni, which will go on for the next 31 weeks.
R’Tayrtahn has restarted upload recordings of the Nights to his YouTube channel, and is in the process of uploading the backlog of videos from previous sessions. Be careful if you PM r’Tay, as messages will be visible in the videos 😉
More about the Story Nights (click to expand)
- Story Nights are held in Tsahno’s Hood every Saturday, gathering at the fountain at around 23:00 KIT, with the story starting at about 23:30 KIT.
- For Story Nights – Europe, the gatherings are on Saturday starting at 13:30 KIT, with the story starting at about 14:00 KIT. On All Guilds Meeting days, the event will begin at 14:00 KIT or 15 minutes after the end of the AGM, whichever is later.
- The stories are told using voice chat, so you will need to have your speakers, headphones or KI devices on. If you would like a reminder, please send r’Tayrtahn (KI# 58324) a KImail with your KI number included in the text, so that he can add you to his buddies list.
- Last-minute changes to Story Night times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
- Recording of the Stories are available on r’Tayrtahn’s YouTube channel; however some hardware issues are preventing r’Tayrtahn from uploading the latest episodes.
- Some great updates are being cooked up behind the scenes for the next quarterly update, but the fan developers would like to keep them a surprise 😉 Not all updates will include new Age releases, they can be improvements for already existing items, places or gameplay.
- One big update that is being worked on is the (re)opening of the Gahreesen Wall, with improvements to offer a better view of the competition to spectators.
- February’s Mysterium prompt topic is “glass”: this can be window glass, drinking glasses, broken glass, anything involving glass. You can submit your works by February 28 at 21:00 KIT.
- checkmarks recreated the Watcher’s Pub and Chiso Preniv in VRChat.
And that was it for this month. Please consider donating to keep the Cavern open!
January ended with the CavFunding at 94% (CavCon 2.9) and the reserve at 534%, with no extra expenses. Population was at 43,641 (⇑665), with 1582 unique visits. A normal good month, with above average for new accounts.
The next All Guilds Meeting is planned for Saturday, March 5 (Leevotar 21) at 13:00 KIT.
The role of Moderator is currently vacant; if anyone would like to take the role, it is your chance to step up 😉