May 2022 All Guilds Meeting Summary
Here is the summary for the 145th All Guilds Meeting, along with the raw and cleansed chatlogs!
- Events in the Cavern
- Fan Ages Touring Club
- D’ni Language Classes
- R’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
Events in the Cavern
A Wall Tournament was held in Cody Herd’s Hood on Friday, May 6; Minasunda made a video of the event. The Maintainer suit can now be acquired and saved in the Relto wardrobe by winning a competition with another explorer – playing both sides doesn’t count! If multiple contestants are climbing the Wall, only the first one will get the suit.
For a guide on how to set up the Wall panel, you can find a journal in one of the meeting rooms in Gahreesen, or you can consult this quick guide at the Guild of Archivists wiki.
Fan Ages Touring Club
Korov’ev gave a quick update on the Fan Ages Expeditions he is hosting on the Deep Island shard, every Sunday at 11:00 KIT.
In April, they started with a few Ages by Jamey, like Writers’ Niche; then they dedicated a few visits to the Geologica series, starting in Dragon’s Tooth, and ended the month following uncle Rebus’ steps in Botan and Moysenland.
In May, they will start by trying to recover Quilla’s piano, starting in Elonin; the rest of the month will be dedicated to Ages mostly from 2009, including a few more Ahra Pahts Shells and some ages by Race.
More about the Expeditions (click to expand)
- The expeditions are streamed (without comments), and the videos will be available for two weeks after. Be careful if you PM Korov’ev, as messages will be visible in the videos 😉
- After the tour, those who still have the energy are welcome to Korov’ev’s Gahreesehn for some Wall training (feel free to send a message to #194197 for an invite).
- A gallery of fan ages with some details is available on the Writers’ wiki. Setting up a Deep Island client can be a bit tricky in some situations; a quick guide is available in our Troubleshooting section.
Rarified gave a quick outline of the MOULa update plans for the coming months. They just released the Q1 update and started working on the Q2 one.
New Ages, or big changes to existing ones, are first tested on the Minkata alpha shard. Then, they are moved to the Minkata prime shard, where minor changes and changes to programming are also tested. Eventually the fixes and new content are moved to Cyan’s Staging server, and after a brief testing released on MOULa.
Of particular note is the issue of adapting content from Myst V: a lot of confidential talks are happening between various groups to try and make it happen, but Cyan may not have all the rights required to make that content available on MOULa.
How to be a tester (click to expand)
To be a tester, you will need to open an account on the Minkata prime shard; it is highly recommended to read the Tester’s Guide to understand what is expected. To test the cutting edge additions, you can sign up for the Minkata alpha shard.
To report bugs, you can post on the OpenUru Discord server (channels
#dev); on Discord you can ask to be added to the Testers role to be notified of testing requests, which sometimes need quick response in terms of hours, not days.
D’ni Language Classes
R’Tayrtahn gave two updates, one for the D’ni Language Classes and one for the Story Nights.
More about the D’ni Language Classes (click to expand)
- Those who would like to attend the lessons should contact Rehn via PM or KImail (KI# 58324); be sure to include your KI number in the message!
- The Guild of Instructors’ Hood will be open and public unless a class is in session. Daytime openings are currently on Monday–Friday at 12:00, 13:00 or 14:00 KIT; evening openings at 20:00, 21:00 or 22:00 KIT, depending on the student’s schedule.
- Last-minute changes to class times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
- Shokhootahn Rehn (aka r’Tayrtahn) can be found on Discord as
R’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
Story Night Europe and Original Story Night are in synch, and are telling the stories of the kings of D’ni, which will go on for the next 17 weeks.
R’Tayrtahn has restarted upload recordings of the Nights to his YouTube channel, and is in the process of uploading the backlog of videos from previous sessions. Be careful if you PM r’Tay, as messages will be visible in the videos 😉
More about the Story Nights (click to expand)
- Story Nights are held in Tsahno’s Hood every Saturday, gathering at the fountain at around 23:00 KIT, with the story starting at about 23:30 KIT.
- For Story Nights – Europe, the gatherings are on Saturday starting at 13:30 KIT, with the story starting at about 14:00 KIT. On All Guilds Meeting days, the event will begin at 14:00 KIT or 15 minutes after the AGM, whichever is later.
- The stories are told using voice chat, so you will need to have your speakers, headphones or KI devices on. If you would like a reminder, please send r’Tayrtahn (KI# 58324) a KImail with your KI number included in the text, so that he can add you to his buddies list.
- Last-minute changes to Story Night times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
- Mysterium Events and Activity Book submissions are open until May 22; Writing & Artwork submissions are open until July 31.
- The Mysterium prompt for May is “Villains”; the deadline is May 31 at 21:00 KIT.
- The Fan Devs are working on a way to include senders to KI mails, making it easier to reply.
- Area Man Lives, published by Cyan Ventures, is planned to be released on May 12.
- Myst (2021) has won the Webby People’s Voice award in games for Technical Achievement. This is the second award after the Mac App Store Game of the Year.
And that was it for this month. Please consider donating to keep the Cavern open!
April ended with the CavFunding at 78% (CavCon 2.8) and the reserve at 507%, with 4% extra expenses. Population was at 44,497 (⇑295), with 1340 unique visits.
The next All Guilds Meeting is planned for Saturday, June 4 (Leebro 7, 9678) at 13:00 KIT.
The role of Moderator is currently vacant, with Calum Traveler filling in for the time being; if anyone would like to take the role, it is your chance to step up 😉