July All Guilds Meeting Summary
Here is the summary for today’s short Meeting, along with the raw and cleansed chatlogs!
Quietly, four new ages have been released recently. In April it was two small but atmospheric ones: Kahntinoy, by Rich, and Fena Barel, by Wodan and Hans. Both Ages has been in the works for many years, and are now available on Deep Island and for offline Uru through Drizzle. Be sure to read the (numerous) journals!
At the end of June, two more ages have been released: Terahgrahm and Zahlto, both by Semjay. They are (much) larger than they look at first! Terahgrahm was actually announced two years ago, and is now available through the usual channels.
Zahlto is new, with many nice aesthetic upgrades to the KI, T-shirts, bookmarks … pity that shop owner Ella Darrington is away, so you can only look. Also, secret passages, many secret passages!
Because of technical issues, Zahlto is not yet on Deep Island, but should be soon.
The Firmament campaign is continuing on Fangamer, with new stretch goals. The first one, “developer commentary and making of”, at $1.5M, has almost been reached.
Also, all Kickstarter backers who pledged at tiers $250 and higher should have received the Proof of Concept. It is worth repeating that the PoC is not exactly a demo, the actual game might look different.
The schedule is now available. It will be a packed weekend, which will include a visit to Cyan on Saturday.
On Friday, there’ll be two special guest signatures blocks. Signatures are free, but you will need to bring your own photos or signature sheets (up to three per visit, but you can redo the queue). You can take a photo with one of the guests, but it will have to be a quick selfie on your phone, out and ready to go.
The hotel is booked solid at this point, about 200 attendees! There is a handful of rooms at a nearby overflow hotel available.
After Russell Brower, Chuck Carter, Jack Wall and Tim Larkin, two more special guests have been announced!
The first one is Marty O’Donnell. Marty has worked on everything from Flintstones Kids commercials to the multi-award-winning Halo games series. Myst fans, however, will know him as the sound designer for Riven … and for the ytram. These days, Marty is co-founder and co-owner of Highwire Games in Seattle.
The other special guest is cyantist Kha’tie Postma. In the early 2000s she was Ubisoft’s Community Manager for the Myst games. After Myst V and the Uru sequels launched, she moved to other studios. Since the Myst XXV Anniversary Kickstarter, she has been working with Cyan as a community, social media and marketing management consultant.
Regarding panel topics, and other submissions, more info will come soon.
There will also be a Writing & Art Table for fan creations! The deadline is July 30. By the way, the coloring book is gorgeous.
D’ni Language Classes
Shokhootahn Rehn has finished moving. Hooray! Still, putting things away takes time, so there will be no daytime classes until sometime in fall; nighttime classes are unaffected.
- Those who would like to attend the lessons should contact Rehn via PM or KImail (KI# 58324); be sure to include your KI number in the message!
- Shokhootahn Rehn is in the Hood most days (when he is not on the move) at 10:00 KIT and 20:00 KIT to answer questions regarding the current lesson;
- the Guild of Instructors’ Hood will be open and public unless a class is in session, currently on Monday and Thursday nights, starting at 20:00 or 21:00 KIT, depending on the student’s schedule;
- the left-hand imager and Magic Bot are employed to announce last-minute changes to class times: to get notified, add him as a buddy (KI# 27527), then send him a PM with the word “advert”. If Magic Bot is not online, you can send a PM to Mimi Bot (KI# 71459).
r’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
Story Nights – Europe will continue with the events from The Book of D’ni; no puzzle spoilers will be given during the story. Original Story Nights will continue with the events from Myst IV: Revelation.
Due to r’Tayrtahn traveling, there will be no Story Night – Europe on July 27. The 23:30 events are unaffected, but thunderstorms can cause power outages; in that case, r’Tayrtahn will try to contact someone from the regular audience, so they can relay his situation.
- Story Nights are held in Tsahno’s Hood every Saturday night, gathering at the fountain at around 23:00 KIT, with the story starting at about 23:30 KIT;
- for Story Nights – Europe, the gatherings are on Saturday starting at 13:30 KIT, with the story starting at about 14:00 KIT. On All Guilds Meeting days, the event will begin at 14:30 KIT or 30 minutes after the end of the meeting;
- the stories are told using voice chat, so you will need to have your speakers, headphones or KI devices on. If you would like a reminder, please send r’Tayrtahn (KI# 58324) a KI mail with your KI number included in the text, so that he can add you to his buddies list;
- Magic Bot is employed to announce last-minute changes to Story Night times: to get notified, add him as a buddy (KI# 27527), then send him a PM with the word “advert”. If Magic Bot is not online, you can send a PM to Mimi Bot (KI# 71459).
And that was it for this month. Don’t forget to donate to keep the Cavern open!
The next All Guilds Meeting is planned for Saturday, August 10 at 13:00 KIT.