Windows 10 mouse bug patcher
Korov’ev started the meeting by mentioning Sirius’ improved fix for the Windows 10 bug that breaks moving the avatar with the mouse.
The UruHook is no longer required: you drop a DLL in a folder inside MO:ULa’s one and just forget about it.
Keep in mind that when the client will be patched, you will need to remove it or you will get the problem back. It will also likely conflict with other hooks like ReShade.
Download and source links are in the MO:ULa forum thread.
Sunday Music Sessions
Max was back to announce three new Sunday Music Sessions, each one with a different theme. The planned dates are:
- November 3: Chasing Ghosts – a Post-Halloween party
to chase out all the undead, evil spirits and ghosts out of the Cavern;
- November 17: MO:UL (Prologue) Anniversary
a bit of a birthday party or just an excuse to have fun and play some good music;
- December 1: Winter Is Coming – Christmas special
a time to play some seasonally suited tunes, some of which you might not have heard before.
For more info and comments, visit the MO:ULa forum thread.
Guild of Writers
Two announcements came from the GoW. The first one was a survey, with which the Guild hopes to get a better picture of the Community and the game. It takes little time to fill, is completely anonymous (so do not cheat and answer more than once!), and above all it will be of great help to better focus priorities. The results will of course be public.
The second announcement was the release of Korman 0.09, with 35 commits, about 1000 lines changed and a slew of fixes and updates, including:
- added the ability to create and link new Logic Nodes from each node socket;
- added the “GatherBuild” asset control file to exported MOUL age packages;
- changed Logic Node trees to be safe to reuse in multiple Advanced Logic modifiers without specifying specific nodes;
- and many more.
This release is not yet compatible with Blender 2.80, it requires 2.79b. For more info, check the GoW thread.
Doobes was back to talk about the announcement from Cyan that MO:ULa assets are now open for updating and modification.
This is big news for those in the Age building community, as they have been wanting this for years. The only downside is that Cyan has chosen not to provide the original 3ds Max files, which is of course their prerogative.
That leaves it up to Age builders to reverse-engineer the assets. So in that spirit, Doobes have begun the process of converting some of the Ages to Korman-ready files for Blender! He has two so far: K’veer and the original Guild of Messengers’ Pub.
This was made possible by the work of Sirius, who developed the next generation of PRP importer: the ZLZ URU Importer. This handy little tool imports everything almost perfectly into Blender 2.79 for wiring with Korman. Doobes has also successfully tested this on Myst V Ages as well, even discovering an Urwin hiding in Direbo!
The goal is to get these Ages one to one with their 3ds Max counterparts using Korman, or as close as possible. Then – assuming Cyan needs to look at them first – Doobes will release them to the public so anyone can take a crack at improving upon them. The first Ages will be the original Guild Pubs, as they are the ‘easiest’, relatively speaking.
Anyone who would also like to pitch in, is very much encouraged to do so! If you find any Korman bugs in the process, you can pass them along to the GoW as well. There are still a few things needed to get the Ages exactly one to one with their originals, so it might take time for the more complicated Ages like Ae’gura.
The Writers will be working closely with Cyan to make sure they are on the same page.
Ages of Doobes
Doobes has been working hard on one of his many planned Ages, called Veelay Tsahvahn aka the Memorial Age. It will be an extension of the Memorial you can see in the Kahlo Pub in Ae’gura; a place where the explorers can gather to remember and mourn those explorers who have passed away.
Recently we have lost a few more good people, including Tai’lahr, who was active in a great many things, including creating a wiki page that greatly expanded upon the names on the aforementioned Kahlo Pub memorial. So it is only fitting that Veelay Tsahvahn will be one of the first Ages Doobes plans to submit to Cyan for MO:ULa.
Doobes has redoubled his efforts to finish the Age, and plans to submit it to a few choice people to go over and scrutinize, before sending it off to Cyan to test on the staging shard. From there, it will be just a matter of figuring out how to allow access to the Age, i.e. where the book will go.
Besides Tai’lahr, in October we also lost explorer June “JuneTMP” Shaputis.
Korov’ev have been semi-officially put in charge of the Explorers Memorial and In Memoriam wiki pages on OpenUru.org. Having joined the community rather late, he would like you to contact him if you have details to contribute, especially links.
State of Minkata
On Sunday 10 there will be a meeting at 12:00 KIT, in Kirel, for anyone interested in providing time, skill, and energy into getting the fan content pipeline in shape. The plan is to make this meeting a monthly event.
The Mysterium 2020 date has been finally decided: August 7 to 9! As for the venue, the Committee is in the final negotiations, and will announce it soon.
The theme will be, for the first time, about Revelation: ‘Haven and Spire’. Red and blue, Sirrus and Achenar, crystals and mangrees… a bit of everything brotherly.
As for this year’s edition, thanks to Taniith who sifted through hundreds of GBs of footage, all the panels are now available on Youtube, while the lyrics and poems from the Open Mic Night are available on Google Drive.
D’ni Language Classes
Shokhootahn Rehn is still putting things away and finding homes for everything after his recent move. So there will be no daytime classes until sometime in winter; nighttime classes are unaffected.
- Those who would like to attend the lessons should contact Rehn via PM or KImail (KI# 58324); be sure to include your KI number in the message!
- Shokhootahn Rehn tries to be in the Hood most days at 10:00 KIT and 20:00 KIT to answer questions regarding the current lesson;
- the Guild of Instructors’ Hood will be open and public unless a class is in session, currently on Thursday and Friday nights, starting at 20:00 or 21:00 KIT, depending on the student’s schedule;
- the left-hand imager and Magic Bot are employed to announce last-minute changes to class times: to get notified, add him as a buddy (KI# 27527), then send him a PM with the word “advert”. If Magic Bot is not online, you can send a PM to Mimi Bot (KI# 71459).
r’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
Story Nights – Europe will continue with the events from the Restoration. Original Story Nights will continue with part 4 of the fan fiction “Jae’s Journey”.
November 9 will also be the start of the bi-annual Bahro Glyph Tour! The tour will last for two weeks, finishing on November 16.
- Story Nights are held in Tsahno’s Hood every Saturday night, gathering at the fountain at around 23:00 KIT, with the story starting at about 23:30 KIT;
- for Story Nights – Europe, the gatherings are on Saturday starting at 13:30 KIT, with the story starting at about 14:00 KIT. On All Guilds Meeting days, the event will begin at 14:30 KIT or 30 minutes after the end of the meeting;
- the stories are told using voice chat, so you will need to have your speakers, headphones or KI devices on. If you would like a reminder, please send r’Tayrtahn (KI# 58324) a KI mail with your KI number included in the text, so that he can add you to his buddies list;
- Magic Bot is employed to announce last-minute changes to Story Night times: to get notified, add him as a buddy (KI# 27527), then send him a PM with the word “advert”. If Magic Bot is not online, you can send a PM to Mimi Bot (KI# 71459).
And that was it for this month. Don’t forget to donate to keep the Cavern open!
The next All Guilds Meeting is planned for Saturday, December 7 (Leevobro 9) at 13:00 KIT.