- Christmas Show
- Nosila’s Monday
- Cavern Tours
- D’ni Language Classes
- R’Tayrtahn’s Story Nights
- Fan Ages Touring Club
- Cyan & Mysterium news
- Explorers memorial
Minasunda announced Yoda’s Magic Christmas Evening, on December 18 at 13:00 KIT. The location will be a surprise! On the date of the event, send “link” in PM to Mir-o-Bot (#32319) to be transported there. Eternal Seeker will provide the music.
Next, she announced the Nulp Dance Group show “Snow White”, on December 19 at 13:00 KIT, in Minasunda’s K’veer. Mir-o-Bot will once again provide the transport, as Eternal Seeker the music. The performers will move through the entire room, but the main part will take place in the area around Atrus’ table, the area to the right of it and on the area in the centre.
Minasunda will post a photo showing the best place for the audience on her Facebook group and the MOULa Event Discord server. If you will stay in that area, and optionally PM “float 10” to Mir-o-Bot, you should have a good view of the show without getting in the way of the performers!
After the show there will be time for a dance party and a cozy get-together around the Christmas Tree. If Story Night will take place, there will be about half an hour, otherwise longer.
Minasunda also presented her Youtube series “The Cave” and the MOULa Advent Calendar: a marker game that starts in Ae’gura, on the Tokotah map. To see the markers, you will need to have completed the red and green marker missions in Great Zero.
In every day number from 1 to 24 you will find a video link; each is an episode of an exciting fictional story about Uru, recorded in MOULa and in fan Ages on Deep Island. To get the marker game, send in PM to Mir-o-Bot: “sendme 8833282”. Or ask Minasunda (#5667000).
Using “/startlog” before you collect the marker will make it easier to copy the link, from your logfile in
Documents/Uru Live/Log. The videos are in German, with or without English subtitles.
Another show is in preparation for the XI anniversary of MOULa in February, in Jalak. If you are interested in joining the Nulp Dance Group, please contact Minasunda. Videos of the 13 previous shows are available at Minasunda’s Youtube channel.
CT Hostess Susa’n announced the twelfth Cavern Tour of 2020, which will be held on Saturday 12 at 11:00 KIT, starting from the Cavern Tour’s Hood and headed to Gahreesen.
The host, Larry LeDeay, will use his Twitch channel for the presentation, so you will need to keep a browser or the app open in the background. Videos will be available for two weeks after the tour. The stream will be simulcasted on Facebook and Youtube.
The tours occasionally visit hard to reach places. Mir-o-Bot (KI# 32319) is employed for special effects and long-distance travel (and to avoid stairs). If you arrive late, you can PM Susa’n (KI# 9122427) to join the in-progress tour – but do try to arrive in time!
Shokhootahn Rehn (a.k.a. r’Tayrtahn) gave two announcements, one for the D’ni Language Classes and one for the Story Nights.
He is still putting things away after his move. He is, however, accepting daytime students on a limited basis; those interested should contact Rehn (see KI# below). Night time classes, however, are unaffected. One student is finishing up lesson 6, two have submitted their finals and one is about to start Lesson 5 this coming week.
More about the D’ni Language Classes (click to expand)
- Those who would like to attend the lessons should contact Rehn via PM or KImail (KI# 58324); be sure to include your KI number in the message!
- The Guild of Instructors’ Hood will be open and public unless a class is in session, currently on Monday and Thursday starting at 20:00, 21:00 or 22:00 KIT, and on Friday starting at 20:00 KIT, depending on the student’s schedule.
- Last-minute changes to class times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
Story Night – Europe is one story behind original Story Night. They are about halfway through the story of Myst: The Book of Atrus.
R’Tayrtahn has been uploading the Stories on his YouTube channel. The videos are usually uploaded a few days after the live event.
More about the Story Nights (click to expand)
- Story Nights are held in Tsahno’s Hood every Saturday, gathering at the fountain at around 23:00 KIT, with the story starting at about 23:30 KIT.
- For Story Nights – Europe, the gatherings are on Saturday starting at 13:30 KIT, with the story starting at about 14:00 KIT. On All Guilds Meeting days, the event will begin at 14:00 KIT or 30 minutes after the end of the AGM, whichever is later.
- The stories are told using voice chat, so you will need to have your speakers, headphones or KI devices on. If you would like a reminder, please send r’Tayrtahn (KI# 58324) a KImail with your KI number included in the text, so that he can add you to his buddies list.
- Last-minute changes to Story Night times are posted on the left-hand imager in the hood.
Rarified gave an update on the status of the fan Age pipeline for MOULa. Much of what has been happening is cleanup work to the infrastructure and organisation of what is delivered to Cyan. Things are progressing, and he announced a surprise for this month.
Time will be short, so when an announcement will be made on the OU Discord and forums, it will be important to get testers onto Minkata and Minkata-alpha in short order to allow the surprise to make it onto MOULa for Christmas.
Features from the Guild of Writers’ client are still progressively being merged into MOULa’s.
Korov’ev gave a quick update on the Fan Ages Expeditions he is hosting on the Deep Island shard, every Sunday at 11:00 KIT. Recently, they visited the Hui fun park by Christopher, Ria by Rich, the 2010 D’ni Location Creation contest ages, the Sev ages by Ametist’s students, Kaelis’ Pub Office by Kaelis Ebon Rai, and giant board games ages by Gavin and Karkadann, including the Walking Maze.
For December, the plan is to start with Eder Taygahn and Yedahna by Zuri and Turtle Isle by DenDwaler, then looking into the activity of the D’ni Research Association, also known as the Adrael Team; then Lohdehvis by Mike Newman.
More about the Expeditions (click to expand)
- After the expeditions, the participants will be able to share their observations in dedicated threads in the Guild of Writers’ forums (listed in the index). The expeditions are streamed (without comments), and the videos will be available for two weeks after.
- After the tour, those who still have the energy are welcome to Korov’ev’s Gahreesehn for some Wall training (send a message to #194197 for an invite).
- A gallery of fan Ages with some details is available on the Writers’ wiki. Setting up a Deep Island client can be a bit tricky in some situations; a quick guide is available in our Troubleshooting section.
- Myst for Oculus Quest platform has officially gone gold, and will be released on December 10. The PC version will be released at a later time.
- Upload has recently published an interview with Rand Miller.
- Registration for Mysterium 2021 is now live! If you purchased a Mysterium 2020 registration and elected to roll it over to 2021, you do not need an additional registration. Given the COVID-19 situation, proof of vaccination or a negative test may be required in order to attend.
Korov’ev had to report the passing of yet another explorer: Jeff Wise, a long-time contributor to the The Cavern Today podcast, and also a musician and composer, often inspired by Uru. He was 37. The Kahlo memorial, the Veelay book and the OpenUru wiki have been updated.
The actress who portraying Catherine in Riven, Sheila Goold, who passed away in 2017, has also been added.
And that was it for this month. Please consider donating to keep the Cavern open!
November ended with the CavFunding at 87% (CavCon 2.9) and the reserve at 119%. There were no extra expenses. Population was at 38,274 (⇑518), with 1627 unique visits. Donations slightly under but still pretty steady. Reserve is good. Above average activity in the Cavern.
The next All Guilds Meeting is planned for Saturday, January 2 (Leevosahn 2) at 13:00 KIT.